Monthly Archives: February 2019
Spring Kick-off Meeting, Monday, February 18th, 6 PM
New location: Animal Care Clinic, 162 Cross St, San Luis Obispo, Ca
Clinic is just off Tank Farm Rd, 1 block north of lower Higuera St.
Monday, February 18th Meeting Highlights
• Early spring colony management
• Encouraging growth with hive checkerboarding and reversing
• Prevention of uncontrolled swarming
• Equipment and gear options
• Apiary expansion and splitting preview.
• Preparing for swarms
February hives are “brooding up” — the rapid expansion of the colony encouraged by the burst of spring flowers.
Learn how to manage and benefit from this sudden flush of growth.